Senior Buyer – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Senior Buyer for a Global Food Manufacturer. The Senior Buyer is responsible for securing competitive pricing, negotiating long term contracts and ensuring timely and proper delivery of items purchased from vendors. Put your skills and experience to work in a new position!
The Senior Buyer will review bid proposals from vendors and enter into contracts in accordance with budgetary projections and limitations. The primary responsibility will be for all commodity-related procurement as well as other raw materials and packaging items. This position may also oversee contracts with outside manufacturers and key vendors.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in business or a technical discipline
- 5-7 years experience procuring and managing food related commodities and organic products
- Strong negotiating and cost reduction skills
- Knowledge of MRP and lean manufacturing concepts and fundamentals is required
- Proven track record in discovering and qualifying new suppliers through global sourcing
- Ability to lead the vendor certification process to ensure adherence to quality standards, on time delivery and competitive pricing
- Proven track record of cost and inventory reduction
- Excellent communications skills to interact effectively with all departments and members of management while taking the lead in procurement-related issues
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and re-prioritize as required
- Strong PC skills a must Familiarity with KANBAN a plus
Industry: Food Manufacturing
Permanent position with a global company offering great benefits and salary.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)