Food Scientist Project Manager – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Food Scientist Project Manager, preferably with cereal, snacks, cookies background, to work as Project Manager for R&D. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring projects are completed on time and in a manner consistent with company policy and required government regulations. Put your skills and experience to work in a new position, with a strong company brand!
The Food Scientist Project Manager will lead new Product Development and Process Improvement projects arising from the R&D approval system.
Food Scientist Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with groups including Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Quality, Finance and external customers
- Plan and conduct project assignments leading all technical aspects of the project
- Prepare a detailed time-plan for all projects allocated and agree same with stakeholders
- Maintain accurate plans and records for all projects as directed including nutrition declaration, product factory handover documents, etc.
- Effectively utilize the documented factory trial process
- Report weekly against agreed criteria
- Lead teams assigned to various projects
- Control sample stock accurately and follow disposal procedures carefully
The qualified Food Scientist Project Manager candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in Food Science or a related field
- 7-10 years experience in R&D within a food factory environment ideally with a Cereal or Bakery Technology base
- Minimum of five years food product development experience and two years managing projects or major segments of projects
- Willing to travel 25% or more to other locations
Industry: Project Management, Cereal, Bakery, Dough, R&D, Food Production
Permanent position with an international company offering great benefits and salary.