VP of Global Sourcing and Procurement
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced senior procurement professional for a major international brand. Put your expertise in global sourcing and procurement to work in a great organization today!
The Vice President is responsible for contract negation for the purchase of goods for distribution and commodities for manufacturing to individual retail, wholesale and partner stores. This includes commodities, packaging, equipment, uniforms, and other supply items. The overall strategy will be to maintain constant supply globally without experiencing any large unfavorable pricing changes, while looking for all opportunities to reduce inventory investment. In addition, helping to put into place best practices, new standards and developing tangible and measurable operational metrics.
- Evaluate and recommend global suppliers that meet our price and quality requirements, ensuring that the global network has access to the suppliers as needed
- Support International Customer service to ensure market orders are completed on a timely and accurate basis
- Manage global sourcing initiatives by initiating and completing RFQ’s, RFP’s for goods and services
- Report recommendations to senior management on key projects and technology that will impact the direction the company may take in providing the best products at the best value to both the customer and the end consumers and will improve the process (making it more efficient and effective)
- Develop, manage, and factually measure the performance/quality of the vendor base to support the brand(s), gain a competitive edge and solidify partnerships with the vendors
- Interact with customers and suppliers to ensure all regulatory and market demands are evaluated routinely to ensure continuity of supply
- Manage all non-commodity related products/activities in a manner that drive costs out of the supply chain with considerations of quality, reliability of source, freight and urgency of need
- Assist in the hiring, management, training and development of purchasing staff
- Stay connected with the food service or QSR industries to identify trends and find ways they can be adapted internally on a global scale
- Partner with International Licensing and Supply Departments to support new markets
- Develop consistent lines of communication to facilitate timely notification to internal groups and partners of pertinent or critical information
The qualified candidate will have:
- 4-year degree required, MBA is a plus
- Ten years experience in senior management procurement or purchasing role, minimum of 3 years experience in global procurement at a Senior Director or VP level
- Food Service, Nutriceuticals, QSR or other food / beverage industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the commodity supply markets and international pricing and procurement
- Ability to work in a team environment across functional responsibilities with experience in managing and developing people
- Very strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent technology skills applied to the management of both internal and external data
- Capable of financial skills to manage and measure the purchasing to scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities
- Understanding of accounting and cost principles and working knowledge of all business related processes (Operations, Logistics, Finances, Information Systems, Human Resources)
Industry: Food Service, Beverage, QSR, Procurement, Purchasing
Job Code: BHJOB3594_177
Recruiter: Chris firstname.lastname@example.org
Permanent position with a strong international company offering great benefits, salary, bonus and relocation assistance.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
The Wellington Group ( www.twgrecruiters.com )