VP of Global Sourcing and Procurement – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Senior Procurement Professional for a major international brand. Put your expertise in global sourcing and procurement to work in a great organization today!
The Vice President is responsible for contract negotiations for the purchase of goods for distribution and commodities for manufacturing to individual retail, wholesale and partners. This includes commodities, packaging, equipment, uniforms, and other supply items. The overall strategy will be to maintain constant supply globally without experiencing any large unfavorable pricing changes, while looking for all opportunities to reduce inventory investment. In addition, helping to put into place best practices, new standards and developing tangible and measurable operational metrics.
The qualified candidate will have:
- 4-year degree required, MBA is a plus
- Ten years experience in senior management procurement or purchasing role, minimum of 3 years experience in global procurement at a Senior Director or VP level
- Food Service, Nutriceuticals, QSR or other food / beverage industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge of the commodity supply markets and international pricing and procurement
- Ability to work in a team environment across functional responsibilities with experience in managing and developing people
- Ideal candidate has experience working with Asia and the Middle East
- Very strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Excellent technology skills applied to the management of both internal and external data
- Capable of financial skills to manage and measure the purchasing to scheduling, planning, budgeting and other functional activities
- Understanding of accounting and cost principles and working knowledge of all business related processes (Operations, Logistics, Finances, Information Systems, Human Resources)
Industry: Food Service, Beverage, QSR, Procurement, Purchasing, Global Sourcing, International Procurement, Vendor Management, Strategic Sourcing, Asia, Middle East
Job Code: 415-32-MH2322
Location: North Carolina
Apply directly at: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55E6A361D43515B7D52182B77501F6F482D7D
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)