Sr. Process Development Scientist – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Sr. Scientist with expertise in Protein Chemistry, Analysis, and Purification for the R&D and commercialization of new vaccines. Exciting new opportunity to make an impact on the development of new life saving products. Who Do You Know?
This position is responsible for overseeing the development of robust and efficient processes for extracting and purifying recombinant proteins expressed in plant tissue or other expression media and scaling them up for production.
- Manages and plans for process development needs for projects
- Outlines process development methodology for projects
- Suggests and develops methods for the production, purification, fermentation, and testing of new process formulas, technologies and products
- Improves manufacturing techniques and new process equipment production
- Develops, optimizes and implements process steps for protein purification and implements methods for analysis of purification fractions
- Manages personnel and the activities in downstream process development, including training, materials control, investigations, and supplier qualification
- Advises and assists management in areas concerning process development
- Maintains substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles and theories and contributes to scientific literature and conferences.
- Collaborates with manufacturing department to scale-up, optimize, and troubleshoot manufacturing processes
- Collaborates with other members of the research and development team to transfer and troubleshoot assays
- Establishes and manages relationships with external collaborators and vendors
- Prepares publications and oral presentations, as requested
- Records experimental results according to data collection guidelines and policies
- Discusses findings with other personnel to evaluate validity of findings
The qualified candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry , life science, engineering or other related discipline
- 8+ years experience with R&D that enables product development and/or scale up of processes from bench to commercial scale production
- Experience in leading technical teams in research and development and/or engineering
- Expert knowledge in cGMP requirements
- Experienced with vaccine development, cell culture methods, downstream purification processes, and analytical tools
- Knowledge in small and large scale manufacturing
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations
Industry: Analytical Chemistry, protein, clone antibodies, GMP, Sr Scientist, R&D, scale-up, vaccines, PhD, protein purification
Job Code: 395-32-MH2322
Location: Texas, relocation assistance is available
Apply directly at: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6F361D43515B7D52182B7757176F482D7D
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)