Senior Buyer – Beverage – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Senior Buyer – Beverage for a major beverage brand. The position will be responsible for the procurement of high-quality but cost effective raw materials and packaging utilized in the finished products for this organization.
Senior Buyer – Beverage responsibilities include:
- Identify, source, and contract for raw material needs to fulfill forecasted production.
- Responsible for selecting vendors and negotiating for quality goods at a cost effective price.
- Obtain and review bids and quotes to secure competitive price and service.
- Review, forecast, develop and implement procurement strategies designed to optimize on hand inventory levels.
- Work closely with the Logistics team and vendors to establish a clear supply chain, forward warehousing programs, and consolidation opportunities to ensure that materials are delivered, stored, and used at the right time at the best price.
- Work with the Quality team to ensure purchased goods are in compliance with product specifications.
- Assist Quality and Product Development in developing cost saving measures and researching new technologies.
The qualified Senior Buyer – Beverage candidate will have:
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience as a buyer
- Bachelors Degree
- Strong negotiation, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of SAP, MRP, and Microsoft Office products, especially advanced knowledge of Excel
Industry: Beverage, Food
Permanent position with an employee centered company offering great benefits, salary, bonus and relocation assistance.