Process Development Scientist – Biological Processing
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Process Development Scientist – Biological Processing to support biologics manufacturing for a new flagship project with a leading biologics/vaccine company. This is a great opportunity to apply your Manufacturing experience in biologics to lead the industrial scale up for production. Put your skills and experience to work in a new position!
- Identify, develop and implement new products and technological improvements to enhance product line, product quality, and the robustness and efficiency of manufacturing processes.
- Direct and/or collaborate with Manufacturing Technology staff for assigned activities.
- Participate/Lead on Global and Local Project Teams. Provide technical support for manufacturing departments through the Product/Process Teams.
- Serve as technical liaison with regulatory agencies (e.g. FDA, CDC, WHO) and outside companies on technical manufacturing matters
- Transfer of processes from R&D in to IO for new vaccine products, industrialization of processes and methods, definition of user requirements for appropriate equipment, scale-up definition, develop and drive execution process validation and consistency runs, support manufacturing and release of Ph3 clinical lots.
- Product and Process improvements to meet site IO metrics for licensed vaccine products (HSE, compliance, Cost of Goods), Marketing driven projects, product transfers between buildings in same site or between sites
- Act as a SME in specific area to support SPP and focus factory leadership to troubleshoot process related critical/major deviations and completion of work requests
- Provide technical and scientific leadership within a process/product team to meet organizational goals and priorities.
The qualified Process Development Scientist – Biological Processing candidate will have:
- Ph.D. in biological sciences/biological engineering with 5 to 7 years industrial experience in a cGMP environment
- Experience with aseptic processing with sterile products is a must
- Experience in team leadership is desirable. Note: multiple positions are available with focuses being bacterial fermentation, purification, formulation and filling
Permanent position with a growing company offering great benefits, salary, bonus and relocation assistance.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)