Manager – Director, Small Molecule Discovery – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Manager / Director with small molecule discovery with commercial drug development and laboratory leadership experience. This role will lead the biological evaluation and screening of compounds and materials for the discovery of new drug products. This is not a clinical drug candidate position, true discovery and lead optimization expertise is required.
Put your biological testing and drug discovery management expertise to work in a new job today!
The Manager or Director will oversee all true discovery and pre-clinical laboratory work with a heavy emphasis on biological testing and screening. Must be a strong communicator with proven leadership and management skills with an eye for detail and passion for data analysis. You will hire, mentor, train and mange a diverse laboratory group with responsibility to insure timelines, data and reporting is done correctly; on time and within scope of work. Ideal is a creative scientific leader with keen ability to analyze lab and testing data for key points, trends, errors and provide direction and guidance. Strong project management skills with the ability to keep a team of scientists on task and focused is the ideal background for this management position.
The qualified candidate will have:
- PhD within a relevant field of study, published with documented presentations are preferred
- Demonstrated ability in effectively managing highly-talented teams on multidisciplinary research programs to identify and evaluate preclinical drug candidates
- Experience with assay development and high–throughput screening (HTS) for drug discovery and advanced testing for potency, pharmacology, DMPK, and safety
- Ability to develop and present research proposals to internal and external customers in order to address program goals and objectives
- 5 + years experience in a leadership role in drug discovery and screening, project manager from discovery sciences is ideal
- Must have experience working with data on hit identification and lead optimization
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills and extensive technical knowledge
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)