We have been engaged to find a Plant Manager – Dairy for a state-of-art eastern Wisconsin dairy facility. The Plant Manager will be responsible for driving improved performance in safety, quality, sanitation, cost, customer service, cheesemaking and labor/employee relations that meet business targets and supports growth. Works closely with sales to ensure effective customer relationships by attending joint gradings and attending customer visits.
Other responsibilities include developing and executing the site budget within corporate guidelines. Manage all plant resources to optimize profitability to meet or exceed internal and external customer expectations. Creating a positive work environment that supports continuous improvement, reinforces company philosophy and policies, and ensures a diverse and inclusive workforce. Developing the skills and capabilities of both salaried and hourly team members.
Plant Manager – Dairy Experience-Education (Required):
- 10+ years progressive manufacturing experience with proven plant management leadership qualities and a history of delivering sustainable results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science/Food Science, Agriculture, Business Administration, Engineering or related education is required.
- Demonstrated success in LEAN/Six Sigma/TMM
- Dairy manufacturing experience is required, Cheese and Whey processing highly desired.
- Develop teamwork and collaboration that improves plant culture, drives business results with people leadership and development.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and implement actions for the site.
- Proven track record with Mfg Transformation/change management that drives costs savings and enhanced plant culture.
- Ability to effectively lead the plant staff of managers, supervisors, engineers, cheesemakers, as well as the union hourly team to achieve all plant goals.
- Effectively interact with cross functional team in corporate including EHS, Quality, R&D, SO, Finance, sales, and the business team.
- Technical acumen to solve problems and lead engineers, cheesemakers, and supervisors that results in high quality, ageable cheddar cheese.
- Provide a clear and strategic direction and execute with excellence.
- Define and present to Operations Management the plant’s viewpoints and recommendations on long-term operating goals and programs and drives performance in all key areas including Cost, Quality, Safety, People, and Environmental to drive profitability and customer requirements.
- Ability to lead the team to innovate, develop, and implement cost savings initiatives that drive improved cost/lb performance year on year.
- Prioritize Human Safety and Food Safety.
- Possess solid financial background and experiences to understand daily, monthly, and annual to date impact of line efficiency, material yield, and labor productivity for the overall Plant, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain performance.
- Experience in developing and executing capital budget.
- Defines and directs activities in Employee Relations and other manufacturing policies and procedures.
- Review existing GMP program and revise and implement as needed.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prefer a master’s degree in related field.
- Progressive manufacturing experience in cheddar cheesemaking, dairy.
- Lean/Continuous Improvement certifications.
Review all current job openings => www.twgrecruiters.com