Global Director of Sourcing Consumables – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Director of Global Sourcing Consumables for a leading International Retailer. This person will work with the Consumables merchandising team to grow import buying capabilities, processes, vendors, products and country sources. Put your skills at work today and apply for this exciting new opportunity!
The Global Director of Sourcing Consumables will lead the design and implementation of import procurement processes for Consumables, will coordinate the e-procurement effort for Consumables to include item selection, specification verification, vendor review, and e-event management and will develop and plan in conjunction with Vice President/Division Merchandise Managers and Private Brand team for all domestic and import sourcing strategic initiatives for Consumables.
Global Director of Sourcing Consumables Qualifications:
- Ability to recruit, train and develop our team partners to ensure total development in support of our mission.
- Understanding of merchandise categories including market trends and competitive issues.
- Understanding the dynamics and effectively applying the techniques of negotiating products and interpersonal issues.
- Ability to develop and implement strategies.
- Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data to develop budgets and strategic initiatives.
- Maintaining flexibility in a rapidly changing environment while maintaining an enthusiastic sense of mission.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally in support of our merchandising strategic initiative.
Global Director of Sourcing Consumables Requirements:
- This degreed individual should have 8+ years of retail buying and field operations experience.
- MBA Preferred
- Experience with sourcing Consumables categories preferred.
Industry: Retail, consumables, procurement, global buying
Permanent position with a global company offering great benefits and salary.