Director of Global Research and Development, Food
Put your food and beverage product development skills to work…WHILE supporting one of the best known brands in the US! This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-known company with a strong base of existing products and the opportunity to help develop and manage the day-to-day duties of Global Research and Development.
The Director of Global Research & Development will be responsible for research and development of new products and for management of all core products formulations.
- Direct Research and Development for Global needs
- Develop all formulations, ingredient and specifications required for global products
- Develop all analytical, quality control metrics regarding product manufacturing shelf life and storage
- Manage food industry issues that affect nutritional, food safety and regulatory compliance of global products
- Manage all ingredient specifications and approvals whether purchased or manufactured
- Coordinate & manager the coordination of all Internal/Consumer Sensory Testing
- Explore & recommend new equipment innovation to ensure all equipment research and development complies with company standards
- Recruit and develop research and development staff
- Manage departmental budget and capital expenditures
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelors degree in Food Science and Technology required, Masters degree or Ph.D, highly preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have the ability to interact and partner closely with external exports for innovation and with other corporate departments
- Strong research and development skills
- Knowledge of raw material and ingredient functionality
- Must have at least 10 years of bakery experience with a major baked goods company with a track record of innovation
Industry: Food and Beverage, research and development, R&D, bakery
Job Code: BHJOB3495_283
Contact: Jill email@example.com
Permanent position with one of the leading food manufacturers and distributors based in North Carolina.
Position is full-time, on-site in North Carolina with full relocation support, great pay and many other benefits and perks.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)