Designer – Drafter – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Designer – Drafter with experience in computer aided design (AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor) for a global industrial machine company. Put your experience to work in a new position today!
The Designer – Drafter will be responsible for the design and drafting of all new orders, both custom and standard equipment produced. Will work with the sales department and engineering teams to produce drawing for customers and help troubleshoot design issues for customer developed drawings or previously built equipment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and draft to scale producing accurate and timely shop drawings
- Responsible for inspecting all assigned customer orders for details
- Enter product information and specifications into manufacturing software
- Assist customers by phone or in person to help troubleshoot issues
- Responsible for prioritizing the drafting and design of orders based on quotes
- Assist the shop mechanics with production problems
- Utilize manufacturing software to create bills of material for products
- Provide purchasing with accurate information to order required non-stocked components
The qualified candidate will have:
- AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor skills and experience required
- Strong computer skills and ability to pick up new techniques and software quickly
- Working knowledge of sheet metal and structural steel a plus
- Ability to produce, read, and understand shop drawings
- Capable of working independently and with little supervision
- Ability to interface with sales, engineers, designers and customers
- Industry: Engineering, Design, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Inventor, Thermodynamics
Job Code: 310-32-MH2322
Location: Triad area, North Carolina
Permanent position with a locally managed company offering great benefits and salary.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)https://twgrecruiters.com ) +1 910-338-2795
The Wellington Group (