Analytical Chemistry Consultant – Medical Devices – FILLED
The Analytical Chemistry Consultant – Medical Devices will be responsible for multiple aspects of the development of the company’s combination, medical device product line, from R&D through commercialization.
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced scientist or engineer with a strong medical device background for a consulting position. This is a great opportunity to work for one of RTP’s growing biotech / medical device companies with a focus on current and future combination technologies.
- Direct development efforts building analytical capabilities for products from R&D through commercialization
- Oversee analytical laboratories, select laboratories, and audit sites and processes
- Provide support for regulatory agencies and requirements.
- Work with in-house team and external service providers to close gaps
- Help prioritize work and corrective action if necessary
- Write reports or provide direction to both internal and external lab staff and/or vendors
The qualified candidate will have:
- Demonstrated success in leading the development of implantable medical products through commercialization
- Highly skilled at managing analytical chemistry laboratories and product suppliers; HPLC, GC, Mass Spec, UV Spec, Optical microscopy and other lab procedures and instrumentation
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously to meet schedules and budget
- Must have FDA and CE Mark experience
- Start-up experience a plus
- 15+ years experience in medical device development/testing, including Class III, implantable combination products, stents and other device experience a plus
- BS (or higher) in engineering/science
Industry: Medical Device, Biotechnology, Combination Products, CE Mark, Analytical Chemistry, HPLC
Consultant position with an exciting new medical technology company.
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)