Senior Nutrition Scientist – Product Development
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find a Senior Nutrition Scientist – Product Development to apply your nutrition expertise to lead the development and oversight of the nutritional design requirements for products that support product claims and efficacy.
The Senior Nutrition Scientist is responsible for providing nutrition expertise to various product development scientists by guiding the nutritional design of therapeutic foods. You will collaborate on product design with the claims and clinical studies group and will help ensure foods deliver the required efficacy and claims.
Senior Nutrition Scientist – Product Development duties:
- Establish new nutrition claims with technical substantiation that lead to the development of new product
- Bridge the work between Research and Innovation and the Clinical Studies team
- Stay abreast of new nutritional findings to help translate research into product design
- Cultivate relationships with researchers and clinicians to provide expertise, ideas, capabilities and technologies that address gaps and opportunities
- Lead the development of sole-source nutritional solutions that deliver against specified nutrient, ingredient, quality and cost requirements
- Validate product performance through coordination and interpretation of product analytical, biological, palatability, sensory and stability testing
- Develop ingredient and finished product specifications
- Create final formula documentation and supporting information
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Product Design Scientist qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields is required
- Board Certified Veterinary Nutritionist or PhD in Animal Nutrition, Nutrition Science, or Human Nutrition is ideal
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Excellent foundational knowledge of nutrition, nutrient requirements, and nutritional impacts on health status
- Experience in designing, executing and or monitoring clinical studies or nutrition experiments
- Experience in animal or human food design and formulation
- Efficient at utilizing Google/Microsoft productivity apps and statistical software
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; ability to communicate
- Demonstrated understanding of physiology, biochemistry, scientific information gathering, synthesis, and communication
- Fundamental knowledge in veterinary science, food processing, food science, regulatory, claims or intellectual property (patents and IP)
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Industry: Food Science, Nutrition, Veterinary, Food Formulation, Regulatory
Job Code: j-760
Apply directly at: Senior Nutrition Scientist – Product Development
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.