Product Design Scientist
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find a Product Design Scientist with experience in analysis and development of technologies that enhance food products and their production.
The Product Design Scientist will work in a laboratory setting and will be responsible for carrying out research to understand product performance by using both accelerated aging and ambient studies to determine the optimum product design, shelf life and packaging. This will involve innovative method development, executing studies, analysis of results, interpreting data, preparing final reports and communicating results.
Product Design Scientist duties:
- Perform studies on products to ascertain optimum product design to deliver quality products throughout their shelf life
- Collaborate with Scientists and Packaging Engineers to understand study requirements and determine the best methods for analysis
- Use various types of chromatography to investigate ingredients and products and build a fingerprint library for products.
- Conduct water activity measurements and moisture isotherm studies on products
- Summarize data into final reports, prepare and present data to a wide variety of audiences in the form of oral presentations and written reports, and support implementation of recommendations
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Product Design Scientist qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Nutrition, or related fields is a plus
- 3+ years of food science and product development / design
- Strong understanding and experience with shelf life and testing
- Method development and validation for investigating foods throughout their shelf life
- Experience analyzing/interpreting data from Gas Chromatography
- Experience with lipid oxidation in food products is a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of food product performance research and understanding of food science principles is desired
- Lead project management for internal and external studies to ensure successful execution
- Oversee lab maintenance and management including ongoing quality, safety and related trainings.
- Be able to work Independently, analyze and interpret data
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, R&D, Self-Life, Chromatography,
Job Code: j-727
Apply directly at: Product Design Scientist
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.