Food Scientist – Protein R&D
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find a Food Scientist – Protein R&D with experience in product development and scale-up of novel foods. Ideal candidate has experience with single or sole source nutritional products such as baby foods, military meals or therapeutic based diets.
Work Location: this is a hybrid role of 2 days in the office and 3 days remote. There is flexibility to which days if the work schedule aligns with pilot plant operational times for development and testing.
The Food Scientist – Protein R&D is responsible for research on the characterization, modification, and application of protein functionality for formula development and production scale-up of novel foods. You will work closely with product development scientists, supply chain, and ingredient procurement to ensure successful product development and scale-up is achieved.
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Food Scientist – Protein R&D overview:
- Food Science
- Lead research on the characterization of new sustainable proteins and development of sole-source nutritional solutions
- Validation of ingredient and product performance through product analytical, biological, palatability, sensory, and stability testing
- Partner with product development and engineering to optimize the use of protein functionality in product design and development
- Documentations and QA
- Development of ingredients and finished product specifications
- Creation of final formula documentation and supporting documentation
- Support quality, safety, and related training
Food Scientist – Protein R&D qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Chemistry, or related fields is a plus
- 3+ years of food science and product R&D experience
- Strong working knowledge of protein nutritional science and functionality in food manufacturing or R&D scale-up
- Relevant experience scaling ingredients and products from pilot to plant scale is preferred
- Experience in developing sole source or single source nutritional products is ideal
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to meet scheduled deadlines
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, Protein, Chemist, Biochemist
Job Code: j-430
Apply directly at: Food Scientist – Protein R&D
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.