Food Safety Manager
TWG Recruiters has been engaged to find a Food Safety Manager with hands-on experience leading manufacturing and corporate food safety programs and microbiology labs. This role will develop and lead the Food Safety strategies and programs to supply technical expertise and support to the business units.
You will partner with R&D, Corporate Quality, Supply Chain and Procurement to ensure appropriate product design and commercialization. Ensuring deployment of risk-based food safety management program from design to execution, including internal manufacturers, external manufacturers, and suppliers.
You will participate as a key member of the HACCP team to provide world class food safety policies to the organization. Establish and maintain key contacts with relevant external organizations and experts to ensure rapid data assimilation.
You will manage a department with individuals to ensure a highly skilled and motivated group of subject matter experts. Manage the operating and capital expenditures budgets. Provide clear direction and communication of issues and technical expertise on issues concerning food safety.
Food Safety Manager overview:
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and people development skills.
- Proven ability to apply/communicate technical expertise to address business issues and develop actionable recommendations.
- Proven understanding of business and external activities to foresee and assess potential business implications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in a diverse environment which facilitate rapid decision making in complex situations.
- Ability to identify, develop, communicate, and drive strategic vision and direction.
Food Safety Manager qualifications include:
- MS or PhD in Food Safety or Microbiology or closely related field preferred.
- Minimum 10 years in food safety with at least 5 years of management experience.
- Work in cross-functional, cross business teams and established knowledge of company’s functions, policies, and products
- Food Safety and Microbiology program management
- Manufacturing and product development experience
- Strong management skills, handling complexity & judgement, good business acumen coupled with extensive technical knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of HACCP and Microbiology programs (GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, Quality Policies and Facility / Equipment Design)
- Knowledge of Microbiology Laboratory Techniques with awareness of rapid test methods
- Diverse technical experience that enables skills to interact/bridge food safety with other departments and business units
- Awareness of quality systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills, presentation, and report writing
Industry: Food Safety,Food Production, Food Manufacturing, Microbiology, HACCP
Job Code: j-1618
Apply directly at: Food Safety Manager – New Jersey
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.