Food Production Engineer
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find a Food Production Engineer with experience in food processing and formula development for niche food and nutritional products.
Work Location: this is a hybrid role of 2 days in the office and 3 days remote. There is flexibility to which days if the work schedule aligns with pilot plant operational times for testing and reporting.
Food Production Engineer duties:
- Lead the process and formula development of sole-source nutritional solutions that deliver against specified nutrient, ingredient, quality & cost requirements through pilot plant and manufacturing tests
- Validate product and process performance through coordination & interpretation of product analytical, biological, palatability, sensory, and stability testing
- Partner with manufacturing colleagues to optimize product and process development
- Development of ingredient, finished product specifications, process specifications, and other project documentation
- Budgets and tracks project costs for initiatives
- Ongoing quality, safety, and related training
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Food Production Engineer qualifications include:
- BS degree in Food Science, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Nutrition, or related fields is a plus
- 3+ years of complete nutrition pet food process and formulation experience
- Demonstrated understanding of process and formula development and basic food engineering principles for wet and extruded foods
- Possesses basic understanding in regulatory, product safety and quality requirements relevant to functional responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to design and run scientific experiments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills; ability to communicate and lead in a cross-functional environment
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
Industry: Food Science, Food Production, Engineer, Pet Food, Extrusion
Job Code: j-694
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.