Food Packaging Engineer
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find a Food Packaging Engineer with experience working with teams from product R&D and scale-up to final production and client delivery.
Seeking an innovative Sr Engineer that will assist in enhancing food products and the transfer from the plant, through various logistics channels, retailers, resellers, displays and the end user’s utilization. Forward thinking in use cases as well as being eco-friendly on all aspects and sustainable in self life to materials used.
Product Food Packaging Engineer duties:
- Advising on costs, consumer usage for functionality, manufacturability, and compatibility of materials with product and downstream mobility
- Ensuring that packaging equipment, material system specifications, functionality and design are appropriate for the intended use
- Validating that the packaging provides product integrity and appeal under varying shipping and display conditions
- Troubleshooting expertise when issues arise in package testing, plant filling trials and issues that may arise during the supply chain in delivering to customers.
- Monitoring package testing, analyze test data and prepare reports to include recommendations and conclusion
- Maintaining and continuously improving tooling/package qualification plans, technology transfer documentation (Design History Files) and final package component
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Product Food Packaging Engineer qualifications:
- BS degree in Packaging Engineering, Materials, Material Science or related fields is required
- 7+ years of engineering experience with a focus on product packaging and utilization
- 2+ years in food production and consumer products
- Strong understanding and experience with packaging innovations and user experience
- Experienced in food and primary packaging compatibility and self-life
- Experience on wet food retort process and various packaging options in the food industry is preferred
- Knowledge in packaging design, ISTA testing, plant equipment qualifications and final approval
- Travel to various vendors, facilities, and events
- Experienced with Cape Pack or other shipping and logistics software as well as ERP system such as SAP or Oracle
- Be able to work Independently, analyze and interpret data, report and provide positive and constructive feedback
Industry: Packaging Engineering, Food Packaging, Logistics, R&D, Self-Life, Sustainability
Job Code: j-1156
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters advocates for the promotion and ensuring of equal opportunity for all persons. We not only lead in EEOC and OFCCP guidelines, our founder is the champion that pioneered more transparency and equality.