Culinary Development Chef – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find a Culinary Development Chef with experience working on a cross-functional team for the development of culinary ideas and products for chain accounts in the Eastern US. This is an exciting new opportunity with a world-renowned, high performance company where culture and staff development come first.
The ideal Culinary Development Chef has supported client accounts ranging from CPG, National Chains to food manufacturing. We are seeking an excellent presenter and communicator with Food Service expertise and a high passion for the culinary arts and new product innovation.
The Culinary Development Chef will work with sales and marketing to understand the client’s business needs and where company product lines and resources will work to solve significant culinary challenges. The Chef will brings needs, knowledge and ideas back to the R&D teams and help to cross-functionally develop solutions to be proposed to the client through preparation, presentation and possible cooking demonstrations of the solution(s). This is an entrepreneurial minded role that requires significant travel, self-accountability and a very creative and articulate culinary professional.
Primary responsibilities of the Culinary Development Chef include:
- Support culinary related internal and external activities including customer development and partnerships, ideation sessions, prototype building, customer solutions demonstration, trade shows, internal presentations, recipe evaluation and development
- Hands on role working in a kitchen/lab environment responsible for all food preparation and all stages of customer presentations
- Work with the National Account Sales Team to build relationships with customers, assisting in developing an understanding their internal processes, priorities and timelines
- Work with the Product Development Team to build and demonstrate prototypes, selecting the most effective custom solutions to be demonstrated to the customer
- Collaborate with the team to understand needed product parameters to assure creative custom products are safe, producible, repeatable and compliant
The qualified Culinary Development Chef candidate will have:
- AS or BS in Culinary or related area of study and experience
- American Culinary Federation certification in CCC, CEC, or CMC is ideal OR Research Chefs Association certification in CRC or CCS
- 5+ years in food service product development for National Chain Brands
- 3+ years experience working with chain accounts and brands in the Eastern US, industry contacts and existing relationships
- Able to work and lead in a high-performance, cross-functional, team-based company and culture
- Experience with functional ingredients, flavorings, batter, breading, seasonings, mixes, sauces and other culinary product innovations, menu additions or new product launches
- Ability to conduct training sessions, culinary presentations and cooking demonstrations
- Exceptional interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills, able to make culinary presentation and manage ideation meetings with clients and cross-functional teams
- Knowledge in food manufacturing is preferred
- Strong computer skills and ability to pick up new techniques and software quickly
- Ability to work with sales, R&D, operation, senior management and customer teams
Industry: Culinary Development Chef, foodservice, product development, CEC, ingredients, food products, national chain accounts
Job Code: 498-32-MH2322
Location: NE of Atlanta, GA
Phone: 910-338-2795 ext 119
Apply directly at: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6B361D43515B7D52182B77501762482D7D
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)