Controls Engineering Specialist – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Controls Engineering Specialist to support the maintenance and reliability of all machine control software and hardware. You will work within the Engineering Department to perform controls, upgrades, and plant expansions. Put your manufacturing controls and PLC experience to work in a new job today!
Must have hands-on project management experience and be able to lead problem resolution and implementation teams in a 24/7 manufacturing operation.
Controls Engineering Specialist position requirements:
– Acts as the resident expert on all PLC software issues across the company
– Assists managers, coordinators, engineers, and operators as needed to reduce downtime of equipment, complete projects, and improve the process
– Leads the effort to use machine controls for increased efficiency, tracking, and ease of operation and troubleshooting
– Assists with the start-up of all capital projects within the company related to machine controls.
– Trains and assists other maintenance technicians with PLC troubleshooting and programming skills
– Stays abreast of latest control methods on the market and keeps plant aware of cost savings equipment and projects
– Ensures all machine control software within the company is backed up and conveniently located on protected drive
– Documents all changes to machine software and ensures all software change procedures are followed
– Ensures electrical drawings are accurate and updated; creates drawings if necessary
– Writes controls and wires panels as needed for capital projects
– Configures, starts-up, and supports AC/DC drives and servo systems
The qualified Controls Engineering Specialist candidate will have:
– Technical Certification or Associates and/or BS Degree in Electrical Engineering is preferred
– 5-7 years experience in manufacturing controls, electrical and PLC
– Hands-on experience with wire motors, low and high voltages, PID loops and AC/DC drives
– Familiar with controls problems, troubleshooting, multimeter and oscilloscopes
– Experience with Continuous Improvement to enhance preventative maintenance and reduce downtime
– Experience working with and managing vendors and support personnel
– Solid computer skills with Microsoft Office tools, experience with AutoCAD and WonderWare is ideal
– Must be self-driven and motivated to work with minimal direction and supervision
– Excellent written and verbal communication, organization, time management, ability to work in a team-based environment
Industry: Controls Engineer, Allen Bradley RSLogix, PLC, PID loops, Electrical Engineer
Job Title: Controls Engineering Specialist
Apply directly at: http://www.maxhire.net/cp/?E55F6E361D43717B7D52182B7750196F482D7D
Don’t wait, apply with The Wellington Group today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
The Wellington Group ( https://twgrecruiters.com )