Category Management Director – FILLED
The Wellington Group has been engaged to find an experienced Category Management Director for a rapidly expanding food service and CGP brand. Seeking a strategic leader with hand-on experience in leading food service and replenishment programs focused on indirect spend categories. Ideal candidate has expertise with food service category management with a strong spend analysis, management and upstream cost impacts.
This is an exciting new position to support the global development and rollout of new locations and branding or the renovation of existing locations for expansion to new regions of the world. Will work with R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing, Store Operations and Global Operations to identify and seek-out niche and primary suppliers. Reports to the Sr Director of this Division and will be a career move with strong advancement opportunities for the right person.
The qualified Category Management Director candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA with a CPM certification is a plus
- 5+ years experience with category management and procurement for food service, QSR, Fast Casual or food CPG industries
- Extensive experience in procurement with the ability to build a vendor program and manage service and supply agreements
- Hands-on experience with indirect services and items; from apparel to cleaning services, waste removal and consumable items
- Excellent analytical, business mathematics and problem solving skills
- Experienced with category spend analysis and global category trends and upstream commodities markets and pricing
- Ability to make strategic decisions and recommendations to Sr Management and support budgets, timelines and key deliverables
- Continuous improvements and process improvement training and experience are ideal for this position
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
Industry: Category Management Director, Strategic Sourcing, indirect, services, CPG, QSR, Food Service, procurement, supplier agreements
Job Code: 533-32-MH2322
Phone: 910-338-2795 ext 119