Alternative Protein Food Scientist
TWG Recruiters have been engaged to find an Alternative Protein Food Scientist with experience in research and development of innovative, alternative protein products. You will provide technical expertise to new and existing product development for meat and alternative meat analogs. You will be responsible for project support from concept through commercialization.
Alternative Protein Food Scientist duties:
- Identify new product opportunities, modifying plans to meet business opportunities
- Stay current with scientific and industrial literature and analytical advancements
- Provide technical leadership in product and process development and improvement, quality systems, and regulatory oversight
- Implement innovation product development plans including markets aligned to the business strategy
- Collaborate with research and commercial brand to develop short and long-term testing programs for experimental and commercial products
- Partner to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities
Exciting new opportunity with a world leader in product innovations and food production. Who Do You Know?
Alternative Protein Food Scientist qualifications include:
- BS degree in Animal Science, Food Science, Chemistry, Nutrition or related fields is required
- MS or PhD in Food Science, Meat Science or related fields is a plus
- 4+ years of food science and product R&D experience, ingredient functionality and alternative protein product commercialization
- Strong working knowledge of protein nutritional science and functionality in food manufacturing or R&D
- Relevant experience scaling ingredients and products from pilot to plant scale is preferred
- Experience in meat processing, alternative meat processing or experience formulating with functional ingredients such as plant proteins or texturizers
- Hands-on extrusion experience or protein fermentation experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to meet scheduled deadlines
Industry: Meat Science, Food Science, Food Production, Protein, Biochemistry
Job Code: j-562
Don’t wait, apply with TWG Recruiters today!
(all information will be held in the strictest of confidence)
TWG Recruiters has a strict policy of promotion and insuring of equal opportunity for all persons, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, employed or seeking employment. We follow EEOC and OFCCP guidelines.